Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lucky find at Ikea... & the Jetta

Found this piece under my slipper during my trip down at Ikea. Tried to look for the owner but to no avail. Looks like it will go to my girlfriend...

Photobucket

Was reading the papers today and the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta really caught my attention. Below are the specs and my thoughts. Seems like a good second choice for me if I want to lower the sex appeal :P

Engine
Engine capacity 1,390 cc (cheap road tax like the RX-8)
Engine type 4 cylinder,inline 16 valves with turbocharger and supercharger
(granted I can't rev high, but I might hear the whoosing sound)
Compression ratio 10.1 (about same as RX-8)
Bore x Stroke (76.5 x 75.6) mm
Power 170 bhp (if I use better fuel, can bump it to 197, still 50 plus horses less than a JDM RX-8)
Torque 240 Nm (much better)
Performance
Acceleration 8.1s (0-100kmh) (less than 2 seconds slower)
Top Speed 220kmh
Fuel consumption 13.7 km\L (nearly double the FC of the RX-8)
Misc technical data
Transmission Double Clutch Gearbox (DSG) (no manual stick is a minus for me)
Drive type Front Wheel (fail-wheel-drive)
Measurements
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4554 x 1781 x 1459)mm
Wheelbase 2,578mm
Min turning radius
Kerb weight 1,388kg (only about 50 kg heavier than an 8)
Fuel tank capacity 55L
Brakes
Brakes (Front) Ventilated discs
Brakes (Rear) Disc brakes
Suspension
Suspension (Front) unknown
Suspension (Rear) unknown


But in terms of appeal, the 8 is way way way sexier. But other than that, the Jetta is really attractive.

No comments: