Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sometimes you just had to believe

Yesterday evening, I received a call from Dad saying that my uncle phoned him about something important. My uncle had cancer in his esophagus, he can't be heard very well over the phone. So I was tasked to head down to his house to check it out. He told me that after coming back from chemotherapy, he started vomiting blood and had to be sent to A&E in SGH. I immediately called my dad who then rushed down from work to send my uncle to SGH. During then he seems alright as he can still joke about passing away. After reaching there, I proceed on with my arranged meeting with my girlfriend down at Bugis.

When I came back at around 2330hrs, my parents told me that they were going back to the hospital again. I was wondering why but did not ask. During then, my younger brother was using the bath. As they were about to leave, 30 minutes later, (my brother had finished his bath by then); just when I wanted to enter, the bulb suddenly blew off. The bulb was new. I proceed my bath with a torch.

After my bath, I proceed my routine surfing and I felt something might be amiss since it was already 0400hrs in the morning and they had not returned. I went to bed. While half asleep, I heard the gates opened and there were three car-door slamming sounds. Shortly after that, I heard the voice of my big uncle (the one with cancer was my second uncle).

"Why is he here?"

I didn't think too much and went back to sleep.

This morning, I was told that yesterday night around 2320hrs, when my parents received a call from the doctor saying that my uncle was in very critical condition, he had already passed away... And since he was always together with my big uncle, my big uncle suffered a break down.

My second uncle was a stubborn smoker during his younger days, a drinker as well. He did not manage his finances at all. But overall, he was still a very doting uncle. I pray to Buddha and Haruhi that he will rest in peace on the other side.

R.I.P

Now I am holding his K810i, waiting for calls, to break news to the caller. Life is short, treasure it.

No comments: