Thursday, November 29, 2007

I just won AUD$500,000

YES! Being a polymath rules! I just won AUD HALF A MILLION DOLLARS from Channel 10 Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader! Thats it! I can stay here for as long as I want. Just stay at home all day long, no work for me. Enjoy my NEET life!

The 500k question was about Myths & Legends. I have got no help from the classmates this time. If I got it right, I walk home with 500k. If I get it wrong, I will have to go home with just 25k. I decided to go for it.

"The mythical creature Griffin, has half a body of an eagle and half a body of ____ ?"

A lion! Too easy. And 500,000 dollars is mine. Yeah... I wish. I was an audience in front of the TV, not the participant. Shame on her thinking that it had a body of a horse. The Griffin, such a majestic creature; defiled by being thought of having a horse for a body.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But throughout the show I got all the answers without using any aids or life-lines. The question about what year did Australian colonies become a Federation had me struggling. But I was pretty sure I can get past it with a life-line. Strangely, the participant was struggling at the simplest questions. Or maybe she just isn't too confident of herself. Maybe its the stress.

Anyhow, congratulations to her for going home with 250,000 dollars. She chose to drop out instead of answering the final question. Man, how I wish I was in there. Well, at least I know that I am smarter than a fifth grader. lol...

No comments: