Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nicholas Searcy Prize in Organic Chemistry

Yesterday I received the package which I thought I will have to forfeit since I am here in Singapore. What happened was that I was nominated for Best Performance in Biomolecular Design back in my University and was cordially invited to attend the prize giving ceremony. I emailed back to them saying that I was unable to attend. They replied that they will mail me the certificate but failed to mentioned about the AUD$150 prize money. So I just shrugged it off and forgot about it.

But when I open the package, I saw the certificate inside together with a cheque. However, there seemed to be some problems.

The package came in the form of a folder
Photobucket

My name was printed jumbled & incomplete on the certificate.
Photobucket

Most importantly, the cheque did not reflect my actual full name.
Photobucket

Hence I send an email back to them to notify them of these issues. Now I am waiting for their reply and hope that they could do something about it.

Well on a little note, my colleague just came back from Japan, Tokyo & Osaka. She brought me some goodies from there. Man, I so wish that I can visit Nippon some day and ask my Japanese friends to show me around. Gaman dekinai yo!

Here is a picture of the goodies.
Photobucket

On the top left, in a red packaging, would be the Bum Bum Bath Ball. Throw this little ball into the bath and a small toy car will "magically" appear! On its right we have the Black Bean cookie. Bottom left we have the infamous Shiroi Koibito (white lover) Chocolate. Followed by Green Tea sweet on its right and then the Caramel Fudge Cake.

I haven eaten nor opened any of them yet. Awaiting my dear to come visit me and we can share them together. Yeeaaee~~


No comments: